Average AWS Cost for Hosting WordPress
If you are planning on launching a WordPress blog, then you need to consider a few things. One of the main things to consider is how much does it cost to host a WordPress blog. Thankfully, we can get a rough idea of the average cost of hosting WordPress using Amazon Web Services (AWS). Let’s take a look.
AWS Price Adjustment
When you sign up for AWS, you will notice that the price is adjusted per month. This is usually done to encourage customers to sign up for longer. If you are looking for a WordPress host that does not charge monthly fees, then you should consider moving to a free hosting service. Fortunately, there are many reputable hosts that offer a free domain and hosting solution. For the sake of this article, we will use Bluehost because it is one of the most popular and reliable WordPress hosting platforms.
Cost To Create A Blog
The cost to create a blog varies widely. The price is based on several factors. The first factor is the website platform you use. For the sake of this article, we will use WordPress. If you are just getting started, then you should aim to spend around $5 per month on a blogging platform. Don’t get too excited, you can use a free blogging platform like Blogger, but you will need to upgrade your account to a paid one to ensure you can use all the features.
Cost To Manage A Blog
Once you have a blogging platform set up, you need to consider the cost of managing the site and content. For the sake of this article, we will use WordPress and Jetpack. Jetpack is a free addon for WordPress that extends the functionality of your blogging platform. For example, if you use WordPress with the Jetpack plugin activated, then you will notice that posts can have images added to them. Additionally, you can use the Date plugin to automatically add the date and time to your blog posts.
Cost To Optimize A Blog For Search Engines
Optimizing a blog for search engines is a very important factor in determining the overall cost of hosting a WordPress blog. There are several techniques that can be used for this purpose, and each one has its benefits and its drawbacks. One of the most effective techniques is SEO, or search engine optimization. This refers to the process of improving the ranking of a website or blog in an organic search engine like Google.
SEO can be very expensive and requires a lot of work. Just keeping up with all the trends can cost you hundreds of dollars a month. Fortunately, there are several tactics you can use to lower the cost of SEO and ensure you get the best possible returns on your investment. One of the tactics is to register your blog with Google. Doing this will ensure that your blog is found when people search for related content. Also, don’t forget to use relative anchor text when linking to other websites, as Google takes these factors into account when determining the rankings of your site.
Cost To Maintain A Blog
Once you have a blog that is running successfully, you need to consider the cost of maintaining the blog. This includes keeping up with the latest trends, fixing broken links, and answering customer support inquiries. Unfortunately, all these factors can add up and eat into your profits. For the sake of this article, we will use WordPress because it is one of the most popular and reliable blogging platforms.
The cost of maintaining a WordPress blog can vary widely. If you are just starting out, then you should expect to spend around $5 per month on hosting and content updates. As you become more experienced, you can expect to spend less and less money on maintenance fees. Just remember, though, that none of this prevents you from spending money on other factors like SEO as needed.
Overall Cost Of Hosting A WordPress Blog
Taking all these things into consideration, the average cost of hosting a WordPress blog is around $13 per month. This amount can vary widely based on a number of factors. Some of the factors that can affect the cost are as follows:
- Website platform – You can choose between shared hosting and dedicated hosting, the former being the cheapest solution. With shared hosting, you will need to pay for the resources that are being consumed. This will vary depending on the size of the site and how much traffic is being generated.
- SEO – The cost of doing SEO on a WordPress blog can vary from $5 to $20 per month. If you are looking for help, then you can contact a company like seo.services that will perform all the necessary optimizations for you. This includes keeping up with all the current SEO trends, ensuring your blog is optimized for all the major search engines, and setting up the right metadata for your content.
- Domain name – If you are just starting out, then you can register a domain for free. The cost per year is only around $10. After that, you will need to register each year to avoid incurring fees.
- Email – You will need to set up at least one email account to receive notifications from WordPress (such as new blog posts) and other platforms (such as Shopify, etc.). The cost of the email service is around $5 per month.
- Content updates – As the name suggests, this is the cost of updating the content on your blog. This includes things like fixing broken links, updating the metadata, and adding new content to the site. You will need to assess this factor based on your experience. If you are just getting started, then you can expect to spend around $5 per month on content updates. As you become more experienced, you can reduce this cost by relying more on other platforms or tools to do the creating for you.
- Site traffic – This refers to the number of visitors that are visiting your blog or website. It is often overlooked, but this is an important factor in determining the cost of hosting a blog. The more traffic you have, the more expensive it will be. Fortunately, there are several ways to increase the traffic to your blog or website. One of the most effective methods is to engage with social media sites. You can use tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule the content you want to post throughout the week and gain more Twitter followers, Facebook fans, and Instagram followers.
- Hourly rate – If you have more than one blog or website, then you need to consider the cost of operating them. Let’s say you have a blog that earns you $1000 per month. If you want to be able to afford hosting another one, then you should aim to charge at least $15 per hour for web maintenance and content creation. Additional costs are required for things like SEO and email marketing campaigns to grow your audience.
- Data transfer – If you are doing a lot of data processing (such as image editing) on your blog, then this becomes a significant factor in determining the cost. For example, if you are using Photoshop to edit your images, then this will eat into your monthly data transfer costs.
As you can see, there are several factors that can affect the cost of hosting a WordPress blog. The most important thing to consider is how much you are willing to spend. If this article helped you understand the average cost of hosting a WordPress blog, then you should be able to form a good idea of how much you will need to spend. Just make sure that you are prepared to spend at least $5 per month on hosting and that you research well into the other costs before making a commitment.