Best Hosting Service for WordPress: A Guide for New Bloggers
After you launch your blog, the first thing you’ll want to do is find a place to host it. There are plenty of companies that offer this service, but not all of them are created equal, so it’s important to do some research before you make a purchase decision. Let’s examine the various hosting services and what makes them special. We’ll also explore some of the most essential aspects to look out for when choosing the right web host for your blog.
The Big Three: WordPress, Joomla, and Squarespace
As we’ve mentioned in previous articles, building a successful blog isn’t as easy as it looks, especially if you’re doing it from the ground up. This is why we recommend starting with WordPress because this is one of the most popular content management systems (CMS) around, and it’s extremely user-friendly (even non-techy bloggers can use it).
If you’ve been following our series, you know that we don’t typically cover hosting companies in depth; however, we made an exception for WordPress because it deserves special attention because it’s so widely used. Let’s examine why.
- It Has a Huge Following – It would be hard to overstate how popular WordPress is. As of now, it boasts over 150 million active users, which makes it the second most popular website building platform, only behind the much more popular website platform, ‘Google Docs’. (Statista)
- It’s An Open-Source Platform – WordPress is an open-source platform, which means that it’s freely available to download and use for any purpose. This gives you full control over the design and functionality of your site. (Statista)
- It Has Thousands of Plugins – WordPress is a massive platform with a repository of thousands of plugins. With these plugins, you can enhance the appearance and functionality of your blog significantly. (Statista)
- It’s Secure – Despite its popularity, WordPress is actually quite safe to use. The platform takes security very seriously and regularly releases major updates to protect against hacks and improve the overall security of the software. (Statista)
- It’s Customizable – Speaking of updates, one of the great things about WordPress is that they regularly update the software so that it’s always compatible with the latest security measures. This means you don’t have to worry about your blog being ‘hacked’ because it isn’t up-to-date. (Statista)
- It Has a Large Community – Last but not least, we have WordPress’ largest community. This community is an incredible source of support and inspiration, as well as offering helpful tips and tricks on how to build a successful blog with WordPress. (WordPress)
The Best Free Blogging Platform
Despite all of WordPress’ amazing features, the great thing about this platform is that it’s free. Yes, you read that correctly – FREE! In fact, you don’t have to spend a dime to get started. This is especially beneficial for first-time bloggers who may be looking for a blogging platform that’s easy to use and doesn’t require any expertise to get up and running.
As with any decision you make regarding your blog’s hosting, you’ll want to carefully consider a number of factors. First, ensure that the web host you choose offers the features you need and has the expertise to provide high-quality support if you encounter any problems. Next, make sure that they store your blog’s content safely and securely, as well as allowing you to easily restore your blog in the event of a problem. Finally, evaluate their customer service reputability by reading online reviews or talking to other customers directly. In the end, you want to find a hosting company that has everything you need and doesn’t cause you any headaches during the development process. So, how do you find the best web host for your blog? Let’s take a look.