How to Get More Traffic to Your Website?
If you’re looking to grow your traffic, then we have good news for you! We’ve compiled a list of 25 proven methods that generate thousands of free, targeted visitors to your website every single day.
Traffic is one of the three vital pillars of any successful online marketing strategy, along with social media and SEO (search engine optimization).
In fact, getting traffic is so important that we’ve created an entire section of our blog dedicated to sharing proven ways to generate it. In this article, you’ll discover 25 proven methods that generate thousands of free, targeted visitors to your website every single day. So, let’s get started.
1. Create Content That People Love
Creating content that people love means creating content that is beneficial, entertaining, and educational. When potential customers find your content valuable, they will naturally want to find out more about you and your products. In turn, this will lead them to visit your website. To create content that people love, ask yourself these questions:
- What do I enjoy most about my product or service?
- Why should people need my product or service?
- What will my visitors discover about me and my brand after reading my content?
If you’re struggling to find the right answers, ask your customers. People love to help others and are usually more than happy to share their opinions and answers to your questions. Generating and acting on feedback will make you a better content creator. Never underestimate the power of your readers’ opinions – they’ll let you know exactly what is working and what needs to be changed for the better.
2. Use Keywords In Your Headline, Description, And Meta Tag
It’s vital to include keywords in your headlines, descriptions, and meta tags. When creating content for digital marketing, you have a limited amount of space to grab the reader’s attention. To ensure that you’re using the right keywords, look at the search results of your biggest competitors – see how they’re using keywords in their content and how they’re positioning themselves in the search results.
For example, let’s say you’re creating a blog post on the travel industry. You might want to include the following keywords in your content:
- cruise ship
If you want to appear on the first page of Google (and you should, because it’s the first page!), you need to optimize your content for the search engine giant’s algorithm. To maximize your chances of showing up on the first page, use keywords in the following places:
- in the headline
- in the first paragraph
- in the first sentence of the second paragraph
- in the body
- in the links
The way to think about this is like playing chess with your reader. You’re essentially trying to figure out which words will get your content the best ranking in the search results. Consider your headline, for example, which is what someone will see when they come across your content in their search results. The goal is to have the headline grab the reader’s attention and get them to click on your content.
3. Design An Outstanding Website
A sleek, polished website is an excellent way to attract and retain customers. When customers visit your website, your design should guide them through an experience that is both pleasing and functional. Moreover, you want to ensure they leave your site with a smile on their face – designing a website to accomplish this is highly achievable.
Some tips on designing a website:
- Pay close attention to the navigation bar – it should be easily identifiable and linked to important pages on your site.
- Keep in mind that users will often be coming back to your site. Design it in a way that makes them want to come back for more.
- To increase conversions, design your site with a call to action in mind. For example, you could encourage users to subscribe to your newsletter, follow you on social media, or visit your online shop.
4. Build An Email List
An email list is a great way to engage with your audience and provide them with valuable information. Once you’ve started building your list, you can begin to email them with regular content that is both relevant and interesting.
To be successful in digital marketing, you must be using email to communicate with your audience. The best practice for email marketing is to have engaging content that draws the reader in and compels them to open your emails. Moreover, you can use a tool like ConvertKit to easily create automated email campaigns that will grow your list.
You can also use the platform to create dynamic, automated emails based on specific actions – for example, subscribing to your list, liking your page, or filling out a form. With ConvertKit, you can easily send automated emails based on a user’s actions – this way, you’ll never be faced with a bulk email and will always stay in touch with your audience.
5. Test Different Theories & Approaches
Theories and approaches are all well and good in theory – you should be familiar with the basics of marketing and know what would work best for your business. However, you must be willing to try new things and test different approaches and theories to see which one works best for you.
For example, if you want to grow your affiliate sales, you could start by increasing the amount of content you’re creating for affiliate marketing. Moreover, you could experiment with different affiliate marketing strategies – for instance, you could opt for performance-based commission structures or tiered commission plans.
The way to think about this is like creating a product that you know will be in high demand. Once you’ve established that demand, you can begin to experiment with different approaches to see which one produces the best results.
6. Use Analytics Tools To Track Opinions, Click-Throughs, & More
It’s important to understand the basic metrics and analytics that can help you determine the effectiveness of your content strategy. To that end, you should be tracking the following:
- Opinions – This refers to the material that your audience is reading and responding to. You can then use this data to determine the success of your strategy.
- Click-throughs – This refers to the amount of people who’ve clicked on a specific link or piece of content, which then led them to your website. You can then use this data to determine the success of your strategy.
- Conversions – This refers to the amount of people who’ve gone through a specified action (i.e., filled out a form, made a purchase, tried out a product, downloaded a file, subscribed to a newsletter, etc.) on your site. You can then use this data to determine the success of your strategy.
- Clicks – This refers to the total number of times someone has clicked on a specific link or piece of content, which then led them to your site. You can then use this data to determine the success of your strategy.
7. Optimize Your Site For Local Search
If you’re looking to increase your website’s exposure in your local area, you need to focus on local search – this means getting your website and social media accounts found when people search for your product or service in their location.
To get started, create a Google My Business Profile – this will ensure that people can find you online when they’re searching for local businesses. Moreover, if you have a physical location, you can add a Google Location tag to your website.
To find your business’s name, enter your city and tap the “Find My Business” button. When people type in their city and search for your product, your business’s name will appear as an option.
You should also look at getting a vanity phone number – if you have a physical location and people want to contact you, having a local phone number is a must.
8. Use Keywords In Your Meta Descriptio
The meta description is a short piece of text that appears below your website’s header in search result pages – it’s typically under 200 characters. To get the best results from your meta description, use the following guidelines: