How to Host an AV WordPress Site – A Complete Guide
If you’re looking to create a new blog, why not consider using AV (Audio/Video) WordPress? It’s the perfect choice if you want to host a versatile multimedia online presence. And while it’s quite easy to set up, it’s not your average blogging platform. It’s packed with features, allowing you to fully integrate videos, podcasts, and other audio/visual content into your blog posts. This can potentially boost your blog’s online presence, increasing the odds of attracting new readers and making sales!
So, whether you’re an established business or person who just wants to create a new blog for fun, the answer is the same. Go for it, you can’t go wrong.
Features & Specifications
WordPress comes with many features that make it ideal for use as a blog platform, but it also has the potential to be much more. In addition to the usual blog functionality, like publishing content and managing posts, you can also use it to create event calendars, manage your social media accounts, and sell your own products (with a little help from the built-in eCommerce platform).
And speaking of selling your own products, one of the best parts of WordPress is the built-in eCommerce functionality. Simply install the WooCommerce plugin, register your store, and start building your product catalogue. You can also find hundreds of third-party plugins to further expand your eCommerce capabilities. Not only that, but you can use WordPress’s multi-store functionality to run separate online stores from one blog. You can find everything you need in the WordPress.org/WooCommerce documentation.
The Difference In Quality
As the name would suggest, AV WordPress comes with the ability to integrate and display video content in addition to text and other traditional blog posts. This means you can use it to broadcast live events, showcase product demos, record interviews and speeches, and more. And as you’d expect from a well-designed WordPress platform, the quality of the integrated content is top-notch.
Additionally, the software uses HTML5 video and audio formats, allowing you to take advantage of newer, greater-quality content types like 360-degree videos and interactive audio. When choosing such content, you’ll want to make sure your viewer has the best possible experience – which they will if you use appropriate plugins.
Set It Up
If you’re looking to use WordPress to create a new blog – or if you just want to use it as a content-sharing platform for your existing site – then the process of setting up your blog is fairly straightforward. All you need to do is:
- Install WordPress on a separate domain (e.g. blog.com) from your existing site (e.g. store.com).
- Configure WordPress to accept payments through Paypal, implementing a secure way to handle online transactions.
- Choose a WordPress theme that sets the aesthetic of your site (including the blog’s look and feel). You can download many free and premium themes from the WordPress.org Theme Directory.
- Customize the appearance of your blog with the help of theme customization tools like the WordPress Customizer.
- Add content to your blog. You can use the “Post” page to add new content to your site. Be sure to read the WordPress documentation on creating and editing posts to get the most out of this feature.
- Set up your blog’s RSS feed. This is a way for your readers to subscribe to your latest content – or for other websites and social media platforms to pull in content from your blog. You can use the WordPress RSS feed functionality to do this.
- Publish your blog. When you’re ready to make your blog live, click the “Publish” button on the WordPress dashboard.
- Start blogging!
Aside from all of that, you can also take this opportunity to flesh out your blog’s details, like the blog’s name, a short bio about you, and a logo (if you have one).
Once you’ve got your blog set up – and you’ve started blogging! – the next step is to start building a community. You can do this by inviting other bloggers to join your blog network, by tweeting about the blog, and by commenting on other people’s blogs. Having a voice in the comments section of a blog can also boost your blog’s ranking in search results. Don’t be shy about pitching in with valuable content either – creating and curating helpful guides, tips, and how-to’s can bring more traffic your way. And last but not least, get social. Join the relevant social media platforms (like Twitter and Facebook) and connect with other bloggers, content creators, and business owners in your industry. This is a great way to stay aware of the latest trends and news and to keep your finger on the pulse of your industry. You can also find and connect with other bloggers, content creators, and business owners in your industry on platforms like LinkedIn.
With these helpful tips on how to host an AV WordPress site, you’ll be able to set up a versatile multimedia blog that can handle live video broadcasts, highlight product demos, and more. Not bad for an off-the-cuff blog post, right?