How to Exclude Certain Blogs from a WordPress Website
When you set up a new WordPress site, you have the option of including or excluding blogs from the results of your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. It’s a good idea to keep your main focus on high-quality content and build your audience organically before you start worrying about search engine rankings.
However, there are times when you might want to exclude specific blogs from appearing in your results. Maybe you’re looking for a voice of reason, or you just want to promote your own blog. Whatever the reason may be, you can use the filter options in WordPress to hide specific blogs.
Exclude Certain Blogs from Your SEO Plan
You can use several methods to achieve this goal. Here are a few suggestions:
- Include blogs with low domain authority in your SEO strategy. If you have lots of authority, you don’t need to worry about low-quality blogs getting in the way of your efforts.
- Look for blogs that focus on a particular niche or subject matter. For example, if you’re a real estate agent, you might want to focus on real estate blogs rather than general lifestyle blogs. The advantage of this strategy is that you’re more likely to be able to promote successful blog posts that fit your niche.
- Consider setting up a blog on a separate platform from your main site. This way, if a blog post goes viral, your primary site won’t get hit by a tidal wave of traffic.
- If you want to promote your blog to other potential customers, consider setting up a separate website specifically for that purpose.
Hiding Specific Blogs From Your WordPress Reader
If you’re already using WordPress to publish your blog posts, you can use a few plugins to further customize your experience. One of these plugins is Hide Blog. Once you’ve installed it, you can visit your Settings page to get started. Alternatively, you can click here to go directly to the WordPress Hide Blog Settings page.
On your Settings page, you’ll see an option to filter the results of your blog posts in the WordPress Reader. You can choose to show only posts from a certain blog or group of blogs, including or excluding specific authors. For example, you might want to show blog posts by WordPress experts but hide those of another high-profile blogger in your niche. You can also choose to display posts in alphabetical order or by date. To learn more, click here to go directly to the WordPress Hide Blog settings page.
Why Should You Exclude Certain Blogs From Your WordPress Reader?
Depending on your niche, you might have a specific blog that is more prominent in your industry and attracts a more valuable audience. If you’re looking for advice on how to improve your SEO strategy, this blog might be a good choice since it frequently publishes helpful tips on webmaster topics.
However, if your main goal is to attract and retain a certain type of reader, you might want to consider excluding this blog since it rarely publishes posts that are helpful or interesting to your target audience. In this case, quality is more important than rankings, and you should focus on building a steady stream of valuable content that will keep people coming back for more.
How Do I Exclude Specific Blogs From My WordPress Reader?
If you’d like to exclude a specific blog from your WordPress Reader, you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the Profile tab.
- Click on the Settings button next to the Blog listing.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the Blog you want to exclude from the list of results.
- Click on the Update button to save your changes.
From here, you can add more blogs to the list or remove blogs that you’ve already excluded. You’ll need to click on the “Update Settings” button to save your changes.
Should I Keep My WordPress Reader To Find Blogs Or Websites To Read?
The short answer is both. You should keep your WordPress Reader to find both websites and blogs. It’s a good idea to have both since you might stumble upon a blog post that is both valuable and interesting, but someone else might have a website that is more useful for your needs. In this case, you can click on the hyperlinked title of the blog post to be taken to the website.
Keep Your WordPress Reader For Fun
Your WordPress Reader is a helpful feature that allows you to quickly and effortlessly find and read blogs and websites that you’re interested in. If you’re looking for something fun to do, you might want to visit some of the trending blogs or websites. Alternatively, you could start a blog of your own and include the link to your site from your blog’s RSS feed.
As you can see, there are multiple options for excluding specific blogs and websites from your WordPress Reader. If you’re looking for a way to increase the value of your blog, consider investing in quality content and building a following organically before you start worrying about SEO.