How to Add a Second Page of Blogs on a WordPress Website
Do you’ve got a blog on WordPress but feel like it’s a bit lacking in content? Don’t worry, there’s a simple solution! All you need to do is duplicate the blog and give it a different name (preferably a keyword-rich one), and you’ll have a second page devoted to the same content as the first.
Make Sure Your First Blog Entry Is Perfect
Before you start duplicating content, you’ll need to make sure that your first blog entry is perfect. While there’s no set formula for how many words you need to include to make an excellent blog post, there are some guidelines you can follow to make sure your content is up to par:
- Create a list of some of the most common phrases students might use while searching for your blog posts. Include these phrases in your content. Doing so regularly will make your content more searchable.
- Include supporting examples and evidence to back up your points. Students might find it easier to understand your content if they see it backed by solid examples.
- Use active voice rather than passive voice in your content. For example, replace “the company sold some products” with “Some products were sold by the company”. When writing in active voice, you’ll use “I”, “we”, and “you” to refer to yourself. It’ll make your content sound less like a lecture and more like a conversation.
- Avoid using jargon. If you do use industry jargon, make sure your non-specialist reader knows what you mean. In particular, students should be able to understand your content even if they aren’t working in your industry. A good rule of thumb is to write in plain English any time you can and use industry jargon only when you have to.
- For those of you who are unfamiliar, there are a few different kinds of writing you might want to incorporate into your blog posts. A good rule of thumb is to have at least three of them in your content. Longer is generally better: the longer the piece, the more time it’ll take to read and digest it. Don’t feel like you have to stick to one style exclusively – you can vary your approach across different platforms to keep your content interesting and engaging.
- There are several different ways you can set up blog posts on WordPress. For the purpose of this post, we’ll be using the Classic Blogger template.
Don’t Forget To Optimize Your Blog For Search
The previous point about making sure your first blog post is perfect also extends to the title and the content of your blog post. The title of your post should be a compelling question that’ll make your readers want to click on it. For example, if you’re writing a recipe blog, you might want to go with the question, “What’s the best way to prepare chicken for dinner tonight?”
The content of your post is where you’ll want to go into more detail about the topic you’re covering. Make sure you cover all the basics and include everything you need to make your point. You can also use supporting evidence from anywhere in your content to further support your arguments. Remember: content is what users come back to time and time again so make sure you put in the effort to ensure that your content is as good as possible.
How Long Should My Blog Post Be?
While there’s no set rule for how long you should make your blog posts, generally speaking, the longer the better! The more you write, the more you’ll be able to cover all the important points. One important thing to keep in mind is that users will generally only read the first few paragraphs of your post before they decide whether or not to click on it. The longer your content, the more opportunity you have to grab the reader’s attention. There’s no set formula for how long blogs should be either – just write from the heart and let your content speak for itself!
What Should I Blog About?
In order to have a successful blog, you’ll want to pick a niche and build a blog around it. You can choose from a variety of different niches when building your blog, but you’ll want to make sure you focus on a small number of them. Why? Because Google can only recommend blogs that focus on a handful of themes. If your blog is popular enough, you may one day be able to persuade Google to recommend you.
For example, if you’ve got a travel blog, you may want to write about destinations you’ve personally visited. If you’ve got a fashion blog, you may want to focus on style tips or advice on how to dress a certain outfit or look. You can also use your blog to give you a voice to speak out against certain organizations or business models you deem unfair or unjust. Just make sure you have a clear sense of purpose when picking your blog’s niche.
How Do I Get Readers On Board?
Once you’ve picked your niche, you’ll want to use various social media platforms to attract readers to your blog. The most effective and simplest way to do this is to simply use your blog as a way to express your thoughts and opinions – as long as you keep things positive and helpful, you should have no trouble attracting readers.
There are several different ways you can go about promoting your blog. You can incorporate keywords into the titles of your blog posts and try to get as many people as possible to click on those titles when searching for content. You can write blog posts devoted to marketing to students and see if you can get any of your blog posts shared on social media. Platforms like Twitter let you do this easily and naturally – just make sure you’re using a reputable source to do your Twitter marketing. You can use hashtags when tweeting articles from your blog to increase the likelihood your content will show up in a Twitter search. If you’ve got a sizable audience on another social media platform, you can use that account to promote your blog.
Word of mouth is another great way to get readers to your blog. If someone you know has enjoyed your blog post, be sure to tell them about it! They may have a completely different take on the topic you’ve tackled and may find new inspiration in your writing. If you’ve got a successful blog, you may be able to persuade others to spread the word about your work. While this won’t happen overnight, it is a step in the right direction.
Including links to quality external resources is another great way to provide value to your readers. If someone is searching for information on your topic, they’ll visit your blog to see what interests them. By providing helpful links to other websites and blogs on your topic, you’ll have the opportunity to attract visitors to your blog. Just make sure you do this moderately – don’t go overboard with your link love!
Am I Doing This For SEO Or For Readers?
The previous point about including quality links applies here as well. While you may want to include links to quality resources at times, you’ll want to do this sparingly. Your main focus should be on providing value to your readers. If you feel like your readers will find the information you provide useful or interesting, you’ll have no trouble convincing them to come back for more.
The bottom line is that if you’ve got a blog, you’re pretty much sure to have hit upon a topic that interests at least a few people. Just make sure you’re not taking the easy route and simply re-posting content from elsewhere – create a unique voice and make an effort to entertain your readers. If you meet this goal, you’ll be on your way to creating a successful blog.