How to Add a Staff Directory to Your WordPress Website
A staff directory is a great way to organize and keep track of all the staff and team members on your WordPress website. It is also a great way to provide clear and easy access to any information that may be relevant to the team, as well as the general public. Having a staff directory on your website allows you to post useful and relevant information about your company, as well as provide some degree of professionalism by utilizing industry standards and best practices when describing your team.
Create A WordPress Staff Directory
The first step to adding a professional staff directory to your website is to create one. There are various ways to do this, but the ideal way is to utilize WordPress templates and plugins that can be found in the marketplace. Searching for “staff directory” in the WordPress plugins marketplace will yield a variety of options to choose from. Some of the more popular ones are:
- WP Staff Directory: This is a free plugin that can be installed through WordPress’ dashboard and allows you to create a staff directory within your WordPress website. You can choose the layout and color scheme for your staff directory, along with whether or not to make the directory available to the public or just to your employees.
- Workster Staff Directory: This is another free plugin that works similarly to the previous one, but it offers additional features.
- Dirvo Directory: This is another popular choice among businesses who want to create a staff directory, as it offers a drag and drop interface that is easy to use.
- WP Ultimate Staff Directory: This is the ultimate in terms of feature-set, as it provides all of the functionality of the previous options, plus it is integrated with MailChimp, which makes it extremely easy to use.
- Employee Database: This is a free and open-source database package that supports a variety of databases, including MySQL, MariaDB, and SQLite. It also supports multiple users, which is great for those who want to keep track of several teams or projects.
- Team Manager: This is designed to be the administrative backend of a team, with projects, team members, and tasks all being managed from here. It can be useful for those who want to keep track of their employee’s tasks, as well as monitor their productivity, all from one place.
Once you have your staff directory created, you can begin populating it with information. There are several ways to do this, but one of the easiest and most effective is to use a simple CSV file to import your team’s information. This can be a simple text document, or it can be a spreadsheet exported from Excel or Google Sheets. You can use dedicated software such as Workflowy to create a simple to-do list, and then use a tool like Xero to seamlessly integrate it with your accounting software. Alternatively, you can use a form on your website to collect this information, and then use a plugin such as Import CSV to have it automatically incorporated into your WordPress database.
Post To Your Staff Directory
When you have your staff directory populated with information, it is time to post to it. There are several ways to do this, but the easiest and most effective is to utilize the great WordPress publishing platform, along with a tool like Compose to have the content automatically styled and laid out for you. You can use a form on your website to collect this information, and then use a plugin such as Import CSV to have it automatically incorporated into your WordPress database.
With the information stored in your WordPress database, it is time to begin using it. You can do this by creating a new page, using the information from your database, and then adding this new page to your website. When you do this, you will notice that there is also a new option on your WordPress dashboard, called “Staff Directory.” You can add this new page to your website, and it will be automatically linked to your database, providing you with a comprehensive and up-to-date list of all the staff and relevant information for your business.