How to Create a Fast WordPress Website
WordPress is one of the most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) used by bloggers and business owners to create websites. It is very easy to use and has a vast array of plugins and themes that can be easily downloaded from the official website. In this article, we will teach you the best ways to create a fast, high-quality, responsive WordPress website that will attract potential customers to your business. Along the way, you will learn how to increase your sales, gain subscribers, and generate leads.
Step 1: Buyers Vs. Sellers
When it comes to building a website, you have two options – you can either buy a ready-made template or hire a developer to build one from scratch. While the first option will save you tons of time, it won’t give you the perfect end result you’re looking for. With a custom-built website, you can be assured that everything will be exactly as you want it. Plus, you’ll have full ownership of the site – something you might not want to give up after just a few months. On the other hand, if you’re looking to save time and don’t have the budget for a custom-built site, then purchasing a pre-made template is the way to go. When selecting a preexisting template, make sure to choose one that is simple, robust, and flexible enough to accommodate all of your needs. For example, are you looking for a simple single-page website with no special features or do you need a more complex multi-page website with a special area for customers to browse through product offerings? The choice is yours.
Step 2: Design & Style
Now that you have your base laid out, you can move on to the fun part – the design and style. The look and feel of your site are among the most important factors that can affect your conversion rates. You want to create a visually striking site that will grab the attention of users. To achieve this, you can hire a freelance designer to help you create a mock-up of your vision for the site. You can also take a look at some of the premium themes available from reputable companies like WooCommerce, which offer design flexibility and can be fully customized with colors, fonts, and images to match your brand.
Step 3: Content
The content of your site is a critical factor that can either make or break your conversion rates. When it comes to blog posts, sales pages, and other content you’ll create, make sure to keep the following pointers in mind:
- Use compelling content to attract and engage visitors.
- Create fresh content frequently.
- Interactively engage with your audience through social media.
- Customize your content for the right audience.
- Establish yourself as an expert in your industry.
- Include multiple offering types (i.e. products, services, tips, etc.).
- Include case studies, e.t.c.
- Use videos! They can help you explain things better and engage your audience more.
- Make sure to put a call to action at the end of each article or blog post.
- Use SEO to help your content reach your target audience.
- Make sure to use keywords throughout your content.
- Interlink your articles and blog posts correctly.
- Use images wisely – they can either make or break an article.
- Create an about me page to tell your visitors more about you.
- Make sure to include a contact form on your site.
- Make sure to track the sources of your traffic – the so-called “Pricing” section of your Google Analytics account will be a great help in this regards.
- Make sure to review your site analytics often – this will allow you to track the results of your efforts and make minor adjustments if needed.
- If you’re looking for a free tool to track the performance of your site, try out Hootsuite – you can literally set up a profile for free and get started using the platform immediately. It’s also quite easy to use.
Step 4: SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of enhancing your site’s content and architecture to make it more suitable for search engines like Google and Bing. Your site’s architecture can be optimized by making it more flexible and easier for bots (i.e. search engine robots) to navigate. At the same time, content (i.e. the text on your site) can be optimized for search engines by using the right keywords, keeping the language simple and easy to understand, and ensuring that your content is varied and unique. In the long run, SEO will build trust with search engines and drive more qualified traffic to your site.
Step 5: Social Media
Your site’s social media strategy is one of the most important factors that can influence your conversion rates. To create and grow a following on social media, you can either hire someone to help you, or learn to do it yourself. There are plenty of tools and platforms that can help you get started, from free tools like Hootsuite and social media monitoring tools like Meltwater that can help you gain exposure and establish yourself as an authoritative voice in your industry to platforms like Instagram, where you can connect with millions of users who are seeking content about their favorite brands and products.
Above all else, make sure to be consistent when it comes to building your social media presence – if you want to grow your audience, you need to post regularly and engage with your followers. Even if you have thousands of followers, you’ll get nowhere if you don’t post enough to attract new people. Additionally, make sure to connect with other businesses in your industry to expand your network and gain credibility – establishing yourself as a thought leader in your industry can help you gain credibility and trust with customers and potentially turn them into leads.