How to Find the IP Address of a Website in WordPress
If you ever publish a blog on WordPress you will eventually come across the situation where you want to send someone a private message to tell them about your blog or to ask them for feedback. Since most people use email to communicate, you’ll likely end up sending them an email with a link to your blog in it. But what is the email address of the website you’re sending the email to? How can you find it so that you can compose your email with ease?
While the answer is quite easy when using traditional email clients like Gmail or Outlook, when you’re using the native email clients on your phone or tablet it gets a little more complicated. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to find the IP address of a website so you can use it when sending them an email. We’ll cover everything from finding the IP address to composing an email with ease and consistency.
Find The IP Address Of A Website In Three Easy Steps
If you think it’s difficult to find the email address of a website, you’re right. It is. Which is why most people just settle for posting on social media sites or commenting on blogs to get in touch with someone. While those are useful methods, you should always strive for a more direct method of communication.
Which is why we’ve devised a simple three step process that will allow you to easily and accurately find the IP address of any website you desire. The first step is to copy and paste the URL of the website into the address bar of your web browser. This will load the website’s home page. You can then take a peek at the URL and see what all the fuss is about. If you’re not sure what the difference is between HTTP and HTTPS, ask Google.
Once you have the URL of the website you want to contact, you can use a tool like Ahoy to get the IP address of that website. (It’s also accessible from within WordPress via Screen options –> Network settings.) This will provide you with the IP address you need for sending email.
Why Is It So Hard To Find The Email Address Of A Website?
The short answer is security. The longer answer is a bit more complicated. When you login to your email provider it gives you an easy inbox for storing all of your messages. To this end, your email provider will have taken the steps to make sure that someone can’t grab your inbox and pilfer your mail. So while it’s easy enough to grab the URL of a website and load it into your web browser to get the IP address, it’s quite another matter to actually have the email address of that website. Especially when that site is protected with a password, as is usually the case.
Since we mentioned security above, it’s important to point out that the steps described above to find the IP address of a website are highly vulnerable to a man in the middle attack. A man in the middle attack happens when someone (a middleman) sits between you and the website you are trying to reach. They may log everything you send and receive, or simply inject ads into your communications. So while the steps to find the IP address of a website are fairly easy to follow, they are also extremely susceptible to manipulation. So while you may intend to send a personal message to the owner of a blog you admire, it’s still considered good practice to use a tool like Cloudflare’s 1Password to generate temporary login credentials for the site. With 1Password, sending a personal message to the blog owner is as easy as pressing a button, generating a unique, temporary login and email address for the site’s owner.
A Few Things To Keep In Mind
Here are a few things to keep in mind when finding the IP address of a website.
- It’s always better to use the HTTP protocol rather than the HTTPS one. Why? For one, the HTTP protocol is easier to understand and more widely adopted. Second, if you use the HTTP protocol, your message will reach its destination more easily because your email provider won’t have to decrypt and re-encrypt your message. Lastly, you’re not committing any cybercrime by using the HTTP protocol rather than the HTTPS one.
- If you want to contact an online business and you’re not sure whether they’re accepting clients outside of the US, you can use Google Advanced Search to find their global website address. Simply enter the keywords “business name” and “site:.com” followed by the name of the country you are in (e.g., “Burberry UK” or “Barber UK”). You’ll see a list of website URLs appear. From there, you can click on the URL for the business you’re interested in contacting.
- If you want to find the email address of a specific person, you can use the tool Mailchek to do so. Paste the email address you’re interested in contacting into the search bar and click on the Go button. (If you want to contact a business, use the @ symbol in front of the email address followed by the company’s domain name.) You’ll then be presented with a list of contacts that match your criteria.
- To find the IP address of a website, you can use the URL shortener bit.ly to create a short, unique link to that website. When you visit the link, you’ll be taken to the website’s home page, as before, but this time with the IP address displayed in the address bar.
- If you want to find the IP address of a website that’s already on the internet, all you need to do is type the domain name of the website you’re interested in contacting followed by the colon (:) symbol and then the pound symbol (€, £, $, or ЖИЗАЩ). You’ll then be presented with a list of domains that match your query.
- If you want to find a website’s email address but all you know is the domain name, you can use a search engine to find it. Simply enter the domain name into the search bar and hit enter.
- Last but not least, if you want to find the IP address of a website that belongs to a specific person, you can use Google’s reverse image search with the person’s photo as the search term. (Tip: If the photo isn’t publicly available, you can use tools like Gravatar to generate a random photo for the person.)
Finding the IP address of a website is not a difficult process. With a little bit of research, you’ll be able to find the email address of any website you desire. You can then use that email address to send a quick message expressing your interest or asking for feedback. Never fear, no hacker will be able to grab your personal information because of the simple steps described above.