How to Launch a WordPress Website with Bluehost
If you’re looking to launch a WordPress website, you’re in the right place! In this blog post, we’ll teach you the best way to launch your very first WordPress website with the tool called Bluehost. Bluehost is a popular web host that is widely available and is trusted by thousands of WordPress websites around the world.
Let’s get started. First, you’ll want to visit their website to learn more about their service. When you visit their website, you’ll notice that it looks very similar to other web hosts. This is because Bluehost offers a standard WordPress hosting level and a slightly more expensive WordPress Pro hosting level. If you’re just getting started, the standard WordPress hosting should be more than enough. It is completely free and comes with a one-click installer for WordPress itself. Most importantly, you can use the familiar WordPress dashboard to manage all of your website content and activities. If you’re already a WordPress user, then the slight cost difference might not be worth it. However, for those just getting started with WordPress or looking for an inexpensive and reliable web host, Bluehost is the perfect choice.
The Best Way to Launch a WordPress Website: The Bluehost Tutorial
As you might imagine, there’s a lot to know about hosting a WordPress website. Luckily, Bluehost has published an in-depth guide that’ll teach you everything you need to know to host a WordPress website. Before we get into the nitty-gritty, here’s the absolute best way to launch a WordPress website:
1. Visit Bluehost’s website and click on the Get Started button.
2. You’ll be redirected to the WordPress one-click installer. Install WordPress as you normally would and click on the “Create Website” button.
3. In the next screen, you’ll see a short-ish tutorial on what a WordPress website is and how to use it. After reading the tutorial, click on the Continue button.
4. On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to choose a domain name for your website. If you’re using Google Chrome, simply type the domain you want into the search bar and press enter. Alternatively, if you’re using Firefox, click on the orange get domain button to bring up the Firefox bar. Type the domain you want into the search box and press enter.
If you’re happy with the results, great! You can continue towards the top of the page and click on the Create button to create your very first WordPress website.
What Bluehost Is and Why You Should Use It
As we mentioned above, Bluehost is a web host that offers a standard WordPress hosting level and a slightly more expensive WordPress Pro hosting level. Here’s a short overview of what each one of these hosting plans offers.
The standard WordPress hosting plan comes with the essentials you’ll need to launch a functional WordPress website. You get a free domain name and you can install WordPress itself using the one-click installer. From there, you can use the familiar WordPress dashboard to create and edit content as you normally would. You also get automated email backups, free backups, and free website statistics to track your site’s performance. To top it off, you get a free domain privacy option so you can keep your personal information private.
The slightly more expensive WordPress Pro plan offers an additional feature: You get a free dedicated IP that you can use to access your website from anywhere in the world. You no longer have to worry about getting blocked by your ISP or other internet service providers. Using a free VPN to encrypt your personal data while on the go is also an option.
Bluehost is the best choice for someone just getting started with WordPress or someone who wants to update and expand their website quickly and affordably. It’s also a great option for developers and companies that need a reliable web host for their customers to utilize.
Features Of Bluehost
Besides the above-mentioned features that come with the standard WordPress hosting plan, Bluehost offers the following additional perks:
1. Free daily backups via email sent to you automatically. (This is a nice touch and something you don’t get with other web hosts.)
2. Free spam detection and blocking via Akismet (the popular plugin that allows you to insert a comment on your website to provide a comment feature),
3. Free domain privacy so you don’t have to worry about your personal information being exposed (this is great for bloggers who want to keep their identities private).
4. Free SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate so you don’t have to worry about being encrypted while browsing the web (when someone interacts with your site via a secure connection, such as HTTPS, your personal information is encrypted and remains secure).
5. Free standard WordPress email support so you can always be sure you’ll have access to helpful customer support (this is also a nice touch and something you don’t get with other web hosts).
6. Free access to the well-known WordPress Codex, an incredible resource for anyone who is serious about learning more about WordPress.
7. One-click install for the Cloudflare CDN so you can speed up your website’s performance without having to touch a line of code (this is a very popular option among bloggers who want to speed up their website’s performance).
8. Free domain security so you don’t have to worry about hackers trying to access your website (this is especially important if you’re going to be hosting important company information or financial documents).
9. Free backups via their own servers so if your website gets hacked or destroyed, you can simply restore it (this is something you don’t get with other web hosts).
10. Free automated WordPress updates so your website will always be kept up-to-date (most web hosts charge you for this).
Using Bluehost To Create Your First Blog
Now that you’re ready to launch your WordPress website, it’s time to choose a domain name and create your first blog post! To do this, click on the blue Get Started button on Bluehost’s home page. This will take you to the WordPress dashboard, where you can log in and set up your blog as you would normally do. When you first set up a WordPress blog, you’ll be prompted to pick a domain for the blog. Since we’re using Bluehost, this is the perfect opportunity to grab one of their free domains!
After you’ve set up your blog with a working URL, it’s time to write your first blog post! To do this, click on the Posts button at the top of the dashboard. This will open up a menu with all of your blog posts available for you to read. When you’ve selected a blog post, click on the Edit button to make changes to the post.
From here, you can write the introduction to the post, add additional images, and start typing your article. When you’re finished, simply click on the Publish button to go live.
If you’re looking for a quick way to get started, this is the best option out there. Since Bluehost offers a standard WordPress hosting plan, you won’t have to worry about purchasing additional services from other providers.
Why Is Blogging Popular?
Blogging is definitely a popular choice when it comes to starting a website. Here are some of the the reasons why:
1. It’s easy to grasp the concepts. Anyone can launch a blog and start writing about their daily activities. In fact, even complete beginners can launch a blog and start posting articles in no time at all. Writing a blog post is very similar to writing an article for a newspaper or magazine. You’re just replacing digital ink with pixels.
2. It’s affordable. You can easily launch a blog for free using WordPress.com. The only cost is your time to maintain it. If you decide to switch to a free domain from Bluehost, you’ll need to pay $2.95 per month for that year.
3. It’s flexible. You can launch a blog to fit any niche or interest. Most importantly, you can always change your mind and switch to something else at any time. If you find that blogging isn’t quite what you’re looking for, just change your mind and move on to another platform.
How to Monetise a Blog
If you’re looking to make money from blogging, there are a number of ways to do this. One of the simplest ways is to use affiliate marketing. When a potential customer clicks a monetized link or button on your website and makes a purchase, you’ll earn a commission.