How to Offer Managed WP Hosting with CPanel
Most web hosts will tell you that WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) used on the web. Launched in 2007, WordPress now has over 300 million active monthly users as of January 2021.
And it’s easy to see why. WordPress is a free, open-source CMS that is very intuitive and convenient for beginners to use. In addition, it is very user-friendly. For instance, when you log in to your WordPress dashboard, you will see the greeting “Hey there!” at the top of the page.
You can add, edit, and delete content without needing to be an expert. In fact, even if you’re not familiar with computers, you can still use WordPress to create and design websites. Plus, since it is a popular choice amongst web hosts, you will have no problems finding a cheap and affordable option if you’re on the lookout for one.
What Is Managed WP Hosting?
Managed WP hosting or managed WordPress hosting is when a web host takes the burden of routine server maintenance, such as installing patches, updating WordPress, and dealing with crashes, out of your hands. In exchange for this effort, you get to use their highly-rated WordPress hosting platforms (like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, or Joyent) and enjoy the benefits that come with a reputable company.
The advantages of using a managed WordPress host include:
- Increased security due to the fact that the host takes care of routine maintenance for you
- Reduced performance glitches due to the host’s experience installing and configuring the software on their servers
- Faster page loads due to the host’s knowledge of optimizing web server settings
- Easier installation of 3rd-party apps (add-ons) due to the host’s familiarity with the platform
- 24/7 phone support from the host should you need it
Why Should You Try Managed WP Hosting?
If your current web host is providing you with great value and you’re not finding any significant differences, there’s no reason to switch. However, if you’re looking for the following advantages, then you may want to consider trying out managed WordPress hosting:
- Increased security – Managed WordPress hosting providers typically implement additional security layers to protect your content from unauthorized access and abuse. You will notice this in the form of two-factor authentication (2FA) which requires authentication through a code that is generated via a phone call or email
- Reduced latency – Managed WordPress hosting reduces the time it takes for your content to load on a web page. This is due to the web host’s knowledge of optimizing web server settings and installing necessary software to improve your web experience
- Faster page loads – The reduced time your content takes to load on a web page means you can get back to doing what you do best (building your website)
- Easier installation of 3rd-party apps (add-ons) – Since most web hosts are experts in this area, they will make the process much simpler for you. In most cases, all you have to do is create an account and start using the app or plugin you installed
- 24/7 phone support – Since most web hosts have a live chat feature or phone support, you can contact them at any time of the day to get help with anything
How Do I Choose A Managed WP Host?
When choosing a managed WP host, you should first check to see if they offer the features you need. Next, look into the company’s reputation. As a general rule, you want to go for a reputable company with a good standing in the industry. A good place to start is the WordPress community. You can also find out more at https://www.managedwphost.com/trust-rating/ and browse reviews from previous customers to see what others have said about the company.
Along with reviews, you can check out the company’s website or download its catalog of packages to see what products and features they offer. Some web hosts may only offer one or two options, while others may have a complete suite of tools at your disposal. You should try to go for the latter since it usually means they have invested heavily in providing a top-notch product. In addition, make sure that the company is a member of industry-leading trade organizations such as the American Academy of Advertising Agencies (4A’s) or the American Advertising Federation (AAF).
What About Hosting Plans?
One of the first things you will be asked when you sign up for a web host is whether you want to pay a monthly fee or sign up for a yearly plan. Most companies offer a free trial, so you can use their services for a month or two and see how they work without having to commit to a long-term contract. This is a great option for those looking for a short-term solution and don’t want to commit to a large upfront cost. In most cases, you will be given a free domain and installed with WordPress in under 30 minutes. From there, you can build your website exactly how you want it using the available tools.
If you decide that managed WordPress hosting is the right solution for your needs, then be sure to check out the companies that meet your criteria. In most cases, you can sign up for their services within a few minutes and be on your way to building your website. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility, so be sure to familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions before you start creating content for your site.