Install WordPress Free Web Hosting on Bluehost
In case you’re looking for a free web host with the minimum viable functionality required to get you started, you’ve probably come to the right place. Bluehost is the best option available, and you’ll see why in a moment.
There are numerous reasons why Bluehost is the ideal free web host for beginners. For one thing, the service is incredibly lightweight, featuring a minimalistic interface and just enough features to get you started. Even better, Bluehost offers a money-back guarantee if you launch a free account with them, and give them 30 days to get you started. In case you’re wondering, the money back guarantee is valid for all of their shared hosting plans, including their most popularly priced plan, which goes for about $2.95 per month.
Speaking of pricing, Bluehost offers a special “Install WordPress” link on their home page. When you click on this, you’ll be redirected to a special offer designed for new customers who want to install WordPress. This is a perfect opportunity to get started for less than $2.95 per month, using one of the most popular CMSs.
How to Install WordPress on Bluehost
If you’re ready to install WordPress on your newly-created Bluehost account, follow the 3 simple steps below.
1. Before you begin, you’ll need to verify your email address. This is simply because WordPress needs to be able to send you important notifications about your account, as well as a few spam-blocking security updates.
2. Once you’ve verified your email address, you can head over to the WordPress Installer. Here, you’ll want to click on the “Create a new WordPress installation” button.
3. You’ll then need to enter a meaningful name for your new blog. This is something that you’ll want to keep for the rest of its life, so be sure to choose a name that you don’t use for any other websites or blogs. When you’re done, simply click on the “Install WordPress” button.
That’s it! Once WordPress has been installed and your blog has been launched, you can access it from any web browser by going to yourwebsite.com, and then entering the WordPress address, which is usually done through the “Reading” tab.
Congratulations! You’ve just launched your first blog, and it’s still on the free side.
Even if you’re just getting started, you might want to look into the features that Bluehost offers. As mentioned, this service is perfect for beginners as it doesn’t have all of the features that you might expect from a premium hosting service, but it also doesn’t charge you an arm and a leg.
This is also a good option for those who are looking to try something new, without having to spend a fortune. In case you’re wondering, Bluehost features a free version that supports one website with the standard feature set. If you want to install WordPress on your new blog and use some of their premium features, you’ll need to move to their paid version. There is also a free version of this that supports one site.
Apart from WordPress, Bluehost also features a free version of the widely-used Laravel content management system, and a very robust affiliate program. If you’re looking for a free web host with some great features, Bluehost is the best option available right now.
Security is a crucial feature when it comes to any type of service, including a free one. Luckily, Bluehost takes the security of their customers very seriously, and ensure that their platform is very well-secured. For example, they use a 256-bit encryption algorithm to keep your data safe when stored on their servers, and they keep backups for about 30 days.
In case you’re wondering, 256-bit encryption is one of the most heavily-used encryption algorithms worldwide, and is usually only used for the most secure types of servers. You can also rest assured that your data is always safe with Bluehost, as they strictly enforce the “Least Privilege” principle, which means that users can only access the data that they’re authorized to access. This is why you should always use an SSL certificate to secure your site when publishing content online. SSL certificates are easily recognized by most browsers, and their presence indicates that your website is indeed secure.
Like most free services, Bluehost doesn’t offer amazing customer support, but they do offer a pretty good average level of support, which is more than enough for beginners. In case you’re wondering, Bluehost’s support forums are a great place to go for assistance if you’re having any kind of issue with the service.
Some of their staff members are also very active on Twitter, using the hashtag #Bluehost, so if you’ve got a question, just go ahead and ask them there, as well.
Comparison With Other Services
If you’re wondering what other services are available, or have compared them to Bluehost, you’ve come to the right place. Below, you’ll find a brief overview of the main differences between Bluehost and other prominent web hosts. Take note of these and you’ll be able to choose the right fit for your needs.
1. Security: Bluehost uses 256-bit encryption to protect your information, as mentioned, which is the most heavily used type of encryption. Most other top-shelf web hosts use different types of encryption, which is why it’s important to familiarize yourself with the level of security that each service provides.
2. Cost: Bluehost is a really affordable option, as it doesn’t require you to purchase a premium account, which costs about $80 per year. However, while their pricing structure is completely transparent, others conceal their pricing structures and have a minimum monthly payment plan. If you decide to go this route, make sure to read the fine print to see what type of billing cycle you’re getting yourself into.
3. Reliability: Bluehost is extremely reliable, as they keep their servers up to date and running at their optimum capacity. Their support forums are also a great source of information if you’re experiencing any problems with the service.
4. Feature set: Bluehost supports the popular CMSs such as WordPress, as well as the open-source Laravel content management system. They also offer a free version of the popular CMS, Joomla! If you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for features, go with Bluehost.
The Bottom Line
Whether you’re just getting started or already have a site that you need to update, Bluehost is the best free option available. They don’t have all of the features that a premium hosting service offers, but their $2.95 per month service is perfect for those who are looking for a free option, or someone to experiment with, who’s new to the web world.