How to Create a Linkedin Feed on Your WordPress Website
For those of you who aren’t aware, Linkedin is a business social media network that was originally designed for workplace communication. Now that it is available to the general public, anyone can create a Linkedin profile and start using it to connect with potential employers, business partners, and anyone else who may benefit from their expertise. It is a very useful tool in your job search. As a WordPress user, you can use Linkedin to easily create a curated news feed of your latest blog posts and other relevant content.
If you run a WordPress website, you already have the capability to create a custom news feed. To do this, simply follow these 5 easy steps:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Select Options from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down to the News section and click on the Create a feed button
- Enter a name for your blog
- Select whether you want the new blog feed to be published automatically or manually (if you publish manually, you will need to visit the blog and publish the content after creating the feed)
- Scroll down and click on the Publish button to publish your new blog feed
Once you have created your blog feed, you can start using the content within it. To get the most out of your blog content, you should read the following guide:
To create a high-quality blog feed for Linkedin, you need to follow a few best practices.
First, always try to have at least four posts in your feed. If you have a weekly, bimonthly, or monthly newsletter that you want to promote on Linkedin, having an existing blog archive that you can pull content from is always a good idea.
Also, make sure that the posts within your blog feed are valuable. Your LinkedIn profile will only be as good as your blog feed. Therefore, you want to ensure that each post encapsulates some kind of value that is useful to your audience. This guide will help you write value-based posts so that they will be of interest to potential employers and business partners who are reading your profile.
How to Blog For Employers
If you are looking for a full-time job or are in the process of recruiting for a job, your blog may be of interest to potential employers. When writing a blog post for this purpose, it is important to keep the reader in mind. You want to ensure that you are providing value while also connecting with your potential employer. To learn how to write a blog post for employers, follow these steps:
- Identify a problem that your product or service can solve
- Offer a unique perspective on the issue
- Describe how your product or service can make the solution viable
- Include your audience in the solution by inviting them to try out your product or service
- Summarize key features of your product or service
- Highlight how your product or service can benefit your audience (e.g., customers, employees, prospects)
- Present your case study (if you are using research to support your arguments)
- Outline key differentiators between competing products or services
- Include a call to action in the article (e.g., “Read our blog post on how to be a savvy consumer to find out more” or “Click here to get a free sample of our product”)
- Build a strong social media platform
- Connect with existing connections on Linkedin (mentors, colleagues, and friends)
- Create and maintain a professional profile on Linkedin
- Follow relevant industry experts (e.g., bloggers, journalists, industry leaders)
As you can see, this article is pretty lengthy. Hopefully, you found it useful and will be able to put these tips to good use. If you are looking for a more detailed explanation of how to create a Linkedin feed, read our detailed guide here. Or, if you are looking for a more general guide on how to blog, get our complete guide here.