Managed WP Hosting vs. Managed WP Hosting with Godaddy
When you’re looking for hosting for your WordPress website, you have a couple of options. You can go with a fully managed WP hosting service, or you can use WordPress’ built-in web host functionality to host your site.
The first option is completely automated. You won’t have to worry about anything except creating content and posting it to your site. The service will take care of hosting for you, ensuring that your site is always available and performing at its optimum capacity.
The second option is a hybrid one. With this approach, you’ll still have to take care of content creation and posting, but you’ll also have to hand over the hosting responsibilities. Still, this is the most popular choice amongst WordPress users as it saves them time and effort. More and more companies are realizing the benefits of a managed WordPress hosting service.
Which one you’ll choose really depends on your needs. If you’re looking for a fully managed solution, then go with the first option. If you’re looking for a DIY or plug-and-play solution, then choose the second option.
What Is Managed WP Hosting?
If you’re not familiar with the term, managed WP hosting is a type of hosting where the service provider takes care of all the heavy lifting for you. This typically includes installing and configuring the WordPress software (if you’re using a different platform, they’ll have to set it up for you), as well as upgrading the server and taking care of backups. Essentially, they’re handling all the heavy lifting so that you can focus on creating content and growing your business.
As mentioned, this is a fairly popular choice amongst WordPress users. Why? Well, aside from the fact that it’s probably the simplest solution to implement, it’s also the most affordable. However, keep in mind that this is not a cheap option. The good news is that you can find fully managed WP hosting services that are quite affordable. For example, Bluehost is one of the most popular choices amongst bloggers and online merchants. And, for a limited time, you can get the 1-year plan for just $2.95 with this link. That’s an incredible price for a 1-year plan from any provider. You won’t find this offer anywhere else.
Managed WordPress Hosting vs. Free Blogger Hosting
Another option you have is to use WordPress’ built-in web host to set up your blog. With this option, you’ll have to choose a unique domain name and configure it to point to your blog. After that, you’ll have to install WordPress on your web host and fill it with content. Lastly, you’ll have to configure the settings to ensure that your blog can be found by search engines.
Managed WordPress hosting is a viable option for those who are looking for a simple, cost-effective solution. Still, if you’re looking for a more advanced solution, then go with the other option. The reason behind this is that WordPress’ built-in web host is extremely limited in the sense that it doesn’t offer any advanced features. In other words, you won’t find anything that can’t be found in regular blogs. So if you’re looking for something more professional, then managed WordPress hosting is probably not for you.
Features Of Managed WP Hosting
Here’s a short list of some of the features that you can expect when you decide to host your WordPress site on a managed WP hosting service:
- Free SSL certificates issued by a reputable Certificate Authority (i.e., Comodo, Symantec, GeoTrust, etc.).
- 24/7 support via e-mail (or phone if you prefer)
- Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and domains
- Automatic backups (via a secure link)
- Freshly-made WordPress templates
- One-click install from any web browser (via a simple wp-cli or cpanel-based interface)
- Free privacy options (1st & 3rd party widgets, plugins, and themes)
- Free dedicated IP (in case you’re running a business website)
Keep in mind that WP hosting with a company like Bluehost is fairly similar to managing your own WordPress site. The main difference is that you don’t have to worry about anything except creating content and posting it to your site. Still, there are some advantages to hosting your site with a company like Bluehost.
For example, you can use their dedicated IP, which is essentially an IP address that is exclusively yours and that you can use to access your site from anywhere in the world. In other words, you’ll never have to worry about IP conflicts when you’re using their service.
Another advantage is that you don’t need to install any plugins to use their services. Bluehost offers a one-click install from any web browser for WordPress users. This makes it very convenient for people who are new to WordPress or who are trying it out for the first time.
Last but not least, Bluehost is very reliable when it comes to uptime. That’s because all of their servers are hosted in data centers owned by highly-reputable companies (like Linode and Amazon). So, in case you’re wondering, Bluehost’s uptime is 99.9% according to their website. This means that your site will be available to nearly everyone except for those with technical know-hows.
Why Choose Managed WP Hosting?
So, if you were looking for reasons why you should host your WordPress site on a managed WP hosting service, here’s a short list:
- Save Money: Hosting your site on a managed WP hosting service is less expensive than independently hosting it. As a general rule of thumb, you’ll save about $100 per year using a managed host.
- Managed WP Hosting Is More Convenient: You won’t need to set up your own web host or install WordPress yourself. Plus, the service provider takes care of all the backups and security issues.
- Get A Dedicated IP Address: With a dedicated IP address, you can create a virtual private network (VPN) through which only you can access your site. In other words, the IP address is attached to you and only you can access it (just like a private online network). In case you’re wondering, you can get a dedicated IP address from Bluehost for just $2.95 per month. This is a good option if you’re looking for an affordable way to test the waters of a possibly lucrative business.
- Take Advantage Of The Extra Security Features: Most managed WP hosting services offer additional security features. For example, they’ll install and setup a free SSL certificate for your site. In case you’re not familiar, SSL certificates encrypt the data that is transmitted to and from your site, ensuring that it is safe from eavesdroppers.
- Free Automatic Updates: If you decide to use WordPress’ automatic update functionality, then the service provider will ensure that your WordPress site is always up-to-date. In other words, they’ll take care of updating your site when necessary.
- Fully Managed: Finally, if you want to save time and effort, go with managed WP hosting. The good news is that you don’t need to know anything about server settings or hosting. Simply create content, and the service provider will take care of the rest.
In conclusion, choosing managed WP hosting is a viable option for webmasters who are looking for a simple, cost-effective solution. Still, if you’re looking for something more robust, then go with the other option. Thanks for reading! We hope this article will help you make the right decision regarding your upcoming web hosting needs.