VPS Hosting or WordPress Hosting – Which Is Better?
Many entrepreneurs choose to use WordPress to build their websites because it’s so easy to use, there’s such a large community of users and the software is free. Many people also choose to use WordPress because it’s flexible enough to grow with your business but at the same time, you don’t need to learn a lot to use it effectively. If you’re looking for a versatile content management system (CMS) that you can use to build a quality website that can scale as you grow your business, then WordPress is the perfect choice. However, if you’re looking for something more low-cost and want to keep your costs as close to zero as possible, you might want to consider using a dedicated hosting service such as GoDaddy’s VPS.
Why GoDaddy’s VPS Hosting Is the Perfect Choice For You
GoDaddy’s VPS Hosting is perfect for those who want to keep their costs minimal and don’t want to commit to buying equipment or hiring engineers to build and run a private server.
One of the primary reasons why GoDaddy’s VPS is such a popular hosting choice is because of its intuitive and user-friendly control panel. When you use the web-based control panel, you won’t need to have any technical knowledge to manage your accounts or install WordPress on your own server. You simply need to follow the instructions online and in no time, you’ll have a functioning, high-quality website.
Another reason why GoDaddy’s VPS is so attractive is because of its commitment to supporting open-source software. Many hosting providers don’t offer the same level of support, so if you’re looking for a reliable and secure option that can help you scale as you grow, then this hosting is a must-try.
The Advantages of Using VPS Hosting
If you’ve ever used a VPS hosting service, you’ll see that it’s extremely versatile and can be used for a number of different purposes. Here are just a few of the advantages of using a VPS hosting service:
- Highly scalable – Because they’re very flexible, VPSs can grow with your business as you need them. If you have a sudden surge in traffic and need more space, simply rent another VPS and start over. It’s so easy to add more servers, no matter how big or small you want your site to be.
- Reliability – One of the primary benefits of using a VPS instead of a regular hosting service is that you don’t need to worry about hardware failure or malfunction. A VPS will always be up and running, so even if your site is somehow temporarily unavailable, your visitors will still be able to access the content. With a regular hosting service, if a server crashes or malfunctions, you could lose all of your data.
- Flexibility – You can configure almost any aspect of your server, including the software that’s installed, the amount of storage, and the amount of bandwidth that you need. With a VPS, you get to choose your own custom environment and can install whatever software you want, including WordPress, Google App Engine, and many more.
- Cost-effective – Since a VPS is built on the concept of renting, rather than owning, the hardware that you use, it costs much less money to operate. This is mainly because you don’t need to pay for expensive hosting packages or data transfers to make your site go live. The cost of the hardware itself is all that you need to pay for, and the monthly cost of the service is usually much cheaper than similar offerings from traditional web hosts.
- Security – Since your site is hosted on someone else’s server, you don’t need to worry about security issues. The server is usually housed in a data center that is operated by a reputable company, so you can rest assured that your personal information will be kept secure.
- Scalability – With a VPS, you can easily scale your site up or down as needed. As your business grows, so can your website, enabling you to accommodate more visitors and gain more momentum.
- Saving Money – Many entrepreneurs choose to use a VPS because it can save them a considerable amount of money. Some of the popular web hosts that people use have annual fees of around $150, while the price of a VPS from GoDaddy is just $75 per month. If you were to purchase all of the required servers, racks, and cooling units needed to run a website on your own, the total would be close to $500, which is a lot of money to be wasting on something that can be afforded by most entrepreneurs. The money that you would’ve otherwise spent on hosting can instead be used to grow your business.
The Disadvantages of Using VPS Hosting
While there are many advantages to using a VPS hosting service, there are also some disadvantages that you need to be aware of before making a decision: