Best WordPress Website Builder?
WordPress is the most popular website platform in the world. It’s a free and open-source content management system that allows anyone to build a custom website with a variety of features and functionality. Although the standard version of WordPress comes with a limited number of pre-installed themes and plugins, it doesn’t mean builders have to settle for basic layouts. In fact, with a little bit of know-how, any type of website can be turned into a WordPress-powered blog or website.
Why Should You Build a Website With WordPress?
If you’re building a site for personal enjoyment or as an extension of your blog, then WordPress is the perfect choice. It offers a wealth of free resources that allow you to build anything you can imagine. Also, since WordPress is a content management system, you don’t have to worry about storing and maintaining a vast amount of files on your own server. (You can, of course, opt to do this if you want to go the extra mile.)
WordPress is also the most popular choice when it comes to developing a website for business purposes. The content management system offers a number of features that can be beneficial for entrepreneurs who want to build a website to promote their products or services.
The Best Free WordPress Themes
If you’re looking for a free WordPress theme, then please make sure to check out the self-hosted WordPress themes that can be found on ThemeForest. The design community behind ThemeForest has compiled a list of some of the best free WordPress themes from various developers. If you need a simple and clean blog with no frills, then you can’t go wrong with one of the classic WordPress themes such as Twenty Eleven or Gravity .
If you’re looking for a more versatile solution, then you can check out Redesign, a premium theme from StudioPress which provides ample customization options. You can’t go wrong with StudioPress as they are known for producing some of the best premium themes available. If you’re a developer yourself, then Optimizer is the perfect fit as it comes with a ton of pre-built layouts and features that can be easily customized. The list of available colors can be used to fit any color scheme you wish for your website.
How to Build a WordPress Website
As mentioned above, WordPress can be used to build pretty much any type of website you can think of. Due to its open-source nature, anyone with access to the internet can download and use it to build a functioning website. Typically, users will use a hosting service to provide them with the ability to blog and store other types of content.
If you’re looking to build a simple and quick website, then you can’t go wrong with WordPress’ default option of Twenty Eleven. This is one of the most popular WordPress themes due to its extreme versatility and its child-friendly design. Creating a website using Twenty Eleven is incredibly easy and can be done in just a few minutes. Also, since Twenty Eleven is a child-friendly theme, you don’t have to worry about any adult content appearing on your site. Unless, of course, you want to.
If you’re curious as to what type of features WordPress offers, then you can find a complete list of the framework’s capabilities on its official website. To briefly summarize, here are the most useful features:
- A theme and plugin archive that contains dozens of free and premium themes and plugins
- A customizable dashboard that allows you to control the look and feel of your website
- Built-in analytics that track visitors to your site and provide you with valuable information about your audience
- Drag and drop content management that makes moving and editing elements on your site easy
- A multi-author support system that allows you to manage and maintain content on your site with the help of other users
- A flexible blog layout that offers you the ability to show off your work professionally
- A standalone photo management tool that provides you with all the necessary functionality to upload and display images on your site
- A free domain name with every premium plan purchased from Bluehost
- A free copy of WordPress itself
- 100GB of free storage space that you can use to save and edit content
- Free SEO tools that help your site reach its fullest potential in the search engines
- A free email service to help you establish and promote your blog
- And much more…
In addition to the features listed above, WordPress offers a wealth of other benefits that you may find useful when establishing and growing your blog or website. Some of these include:
- Cross-browser compatibility (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera)
- Built-in security features (strong password protection, htaccess encryption, and login validation)
- E-commerce integration (optional but highly useful)
- Blogger compatibility (automatic feed generation)
- Fully customizable (headless, footless, and tag-based SEO optimized)
- A drag and drop (media) library that makes loading and using images easy
- A built-in translation tool that allows you to fully localize your content (with automated translations)
- A security monitor (cron job) that protects your site from common hacks and intrusions
- And much more…
To summarize: if you need a content management system to build a website, then WordPress is the perfect option. Not only does it have a wealth of free themes and plugins that you can use, but it also provides you with a ton of functionality that you can add to your site to make it more unique and professional.