WordPress Email Hosting Plugin Review and Tutorial
Are you frustrated with GoDaddy’s poor customer service and overpriced plans? Have you been looking for an alternative to host your mailing list and most importantly, your email campaigns? You may have tried Bluehost, but have you thought about the pricing plan? If so, this review is for you. We’ll cover everything from the hosting platform, pricing, features, and a lot more. Let’s get started.
Bluehost is one of the biggest and most popular web hosts out there, and it’s not hard to see why. The service is incredibly affordable, offers some great features, and has a wonderful reputation. Let’s take a quick look at what Bluehost has to offer:
- 199.9% uptime (Not On Shared Hosting): It’s always great to see a web host that is committed to providing amazing uptime. For those of you who are unfamiliar, there are three nines — ‘‘9’s’’ — that mean the service is incredibly stable. If you’re looking to launch a successful podcast, this is one of the paramount requirements you need to meet. Stability gives you the confidence to grow your audience and engage with them. If you’re worried about downtime, take a minute to compare this to the completely different world of shared hosting. On shared hosting, you’re sharing the server resources with other sites. If your site takes a hit, it’s probably going to take a hit from all the other sites too. This is why stability is such an essential feature.
- UnlimitedDomains: Even though you have to pay for email delivery, it’s still important to have a domain. Having your own domain gives you the freedom to create a brand for your business and to install whatever plugins or apps you want. Another great thing about domains is they are very cost-effective. You can renew them for just $12.95 per year.
- FreeSSL Certificate: One of the most important things for a website today is an SSL certificate. Everyone knows what HTTPs stands for, right? That’s the protocol that serves websites. What most people don’t know is that encrypted connections are highly beneficial for website security and performance. With an SSL certificate, all the traffic on your site will be encrypted, which means that third parties (such as hackers) won’t be able to see what you’re typing or clicking on. They won’t be able to steal your personal information or take control of your account. With an SSL certificate, you can rest assured that your site’s security and performance are being met by a top-notch company.
- FreeEmail Hosting: If you’re looking to host an email list, then Bluehost is probably the best place to do it. For just $2.95 per month, you can have a free email account that you can use to communicate with your audience. You can even install the Active Campaign WordPress email plugin, which will help you manage your list and send out automated emails as soon as someone subscribes to your list.
- FreeBackup: It’s a good idea to periodically back up your data. Having a reliable and affordable backup is crucial for those of us who work from home and rely on our personal computers for work. If you run into problems with your PC or it breaks down, you’ll have everything you need to get back to work. You can use tools like Backblaze to create automated backups that you can restore at any time.
- FreeDomain Privacy: Did you know that Google indexes all the content on the domains it crawls? That’s right — anything you post on a site with a domain associated with it will be indexed by Google. To prevent your personal information from being found online, you can request that the search engine remove the specific content from their index. With domain privacy, you can rest assured that no one will be able to find your personal info through a web search engine.
- FreeProfessional(Solo) Blogging: If you’re a professional blogger looking for a reliable and affordable host that offers some great features, then Bluehost is probably the best choice for you. You can start a blog for free, and you can use the platform to easily connect with advertisers, sponsors, and other bloggers.
Bluehost comes with three different pricing plans, each of which provides you with amazing features:
- Basic (Unlimited Domains, Backup) ($2.95 per month): This is the most popular plan among Bluehost users, and it’s not hard to see why. The basic plan gives you everything you need for a professional-looking blog. You get a free domain, you can install WordPress, and you can use the platform to easily connect with advertisers, sponsors, and other bloggers. The only downside to this plan is that you can only have one website hosted on it at a time.
- Pro (Unlimited Domains, SSL Certificate, Backup) ($5.45 per month): This plan offers you a free dedicated IP along with everything in the basic plan. A dedicated IP is a unique address that your website will be assigned to. It’s like having your own web address but being able to access it from anywhere. This plan also offers you the ability to install WordPress plugins, use affiliate marketing, and sell and market products online. The only downside to this plan is that you can only have one website hosted on it at a time.
- Choice Plus (Unlimited Domains, SSL Certificate, Backup) ($11.45 per month): This plan gives you everything in the pro plan along with the ability to install multiple websites on it. What’s great about this plan is that you can install a GPL Ghost blog along with your main site. Ghost is a free and open source CMS that automates the process of getting content from one place to another. You don’t have to touch a bit of code to make changes to your site or add new content. Instead, you can use the admin interface to connect with your audience and engage with them through your content (blog posts, events, etc.)
Even though Bluehost is one of the most popular and affordable web hosts out there, it still maintains a fantastic uptime record. According to their website, the service is extremely stable, and they say they go out of their way to ensure that their clients are never down for more than five minutes.
They also say they’re committed to keeping their prices low, and for a host this size, that means a lot. Many hosts will raise their prices once their monthly volume reaches a certain level. Bluehost doesn’t do that, which means you’re bound to get a decent deal if you sign up with them.
Let’s take a look at their commitment to providing great customer service: