How to Make Money With a WordPress Website
WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) in the world, with a whopping 70% of all sites using the platform worldwide.
The most in-demand jobs for WordPress webmasters and developers revolve around expanding existing products on the widely used content management system. Companies like Google, Shopify, Wix, and Squarespace offer a variety of tools to develop for and earn money from a WordPress website. In this article, we’ll outline some of the best ways to monetize a WordPress website for profit.
Monetizing With Affiliate Marketing
One of the easiest ways to make money from a WordPress site is through affiliate marketing. Simply put, affiliate marketing is when a person is paid commission when a user clicks a promoted link or buys a product that’s promoted on a site. You’ll need to use a tool like affiliate marketing manager to help you get started with this lucrative revenue stream.
You can promote and generate traffic to any affiliate product or service through a WordPress website. Once you’ve established a reputable audience for your content, you can promote products that are relevant and beneficial to your readers. For example, if you’re writing about cars, you might want to suggest a top-notch car security system.
Keep in mind: this is a completely passive revenue stream. You’re not going to be bringing in the big bucks with this option. However, if you’ve established your blog or website as a go-to resource for information about affiliate marketing and related products, you can make a decent chunk of change from this source of income.
Monetizing With Affiliate Programs
The trend in 2019 is towards affiliate programs built into merchant accounts on payment processors like Stripe or Shopify. This is made possible by the growing acceptance of cryptocurrency as a form of payment and the associated lowered fees. You’ll find many WordPress-based affiliate programs out there, but be sure to look for those that offer good support and a simple signup process. Here’s a short list of reputable affiliate programs to check out:
- ClickBaitKit – Earn money from advertisers when someone clicks on a sponsored link or buys a product that’s heavily promoted on your site
- FlexOffers – Over 40 affiliate programs to choose from, all with easy to follow signup procedures
- GetResponse – One of the most popular affiliate platforms, with a user-friendly interface and a diverse selection of products to promote
- JVZoo – Perhaps the simplest of the popular affiliate platforms, with over 40 affiliate programs to choose from and a proven record of converting casual visitors into paid subscribers
- LinkShare – An established player in the affiliate marketing world, with a proven record of generating millions in sales per month
- MarketLive – A top affiliate marketing company that provides everything necessary for a successful campaign, from analytics to merchant services. Connect with them to get started!
- OneOpinion – Discover a broad range of products and associated online stores you can promote on your site. All you need to do is enter your email address to get started. This is one of the safest and simplest ways to make money from a WordPress website.
- SkimLinks – An established name in the affiliate marketing world, with a straightforward, user-friendly interface and a large library of products to promote
- VideoEgg – An established player in the video marketing world, with a large selection of products you can promote and plenty of training material to help you get started
- Prolific – An industry leading affiliate marketing platform with over 40 affiliate programs to choose from and a simple signup process. Just enter your email address to get started!
- VigLink – A platform that makes it easy to find affiliate programs and products to promote on your site, with over 40 different tiered affiliate plans available
- YogaDumbells – Earn money from advertisers when someone clicks on a sponsored link or buys a product that’s heavily promoted on your site.
Keep in mind: you’ll need a video content producer to help you build and grow your online video presence, otherwise, all these products can seem a bit overwhelming. Alternatively, you might want to consider exploring other monetization methods like displaying ads or selling affiliate products.
Monetizing With Affiliate Marketing And Product Creation
Let’s say you’ve already established a following for your blog or website. You’ve written valuable content about affiliate marketing, and you want to use your blog to promote an existing product or service that’s related to your niche. Whether you’re promoting a tool or a software package that helps with SEO, a security service for your site, or an affiliate management platform, you’re going to need to follow the usual procedures for establishing an affiliate program.
To start, you’ll need to pick a particular product or service to promote. Next, you’ll want to consider which affiliate program to join. With so many options to choose from, you might want to do some research to find the best fit for your blog. Consider the ease of signing up for the program, how much commission you can make, and how many products you can promote. Remember: this is a passive source of income. Building up a profitable blog with this method takes time, but you can eventually generate some decent revenue if you continue to build your audience and promote relevant products that resonate with your audience.
Once you’ve chosen an affiliate program, you can start promoting the product or service. To do this, create a reputable, trustworthy website or blog around the topic of your affiliate program’s product or service. Make sure you’re using a tool like WordPress to launch the website or blog. Next, you’ll want to integrate affiliate marketing with your website’s content, ideally in a way that doesn’t seem too obvious. For example, you might want to interview a prominent guest on your site who’s associated with the product or service you’re promoting. You can also create case studies, in-depth reviews, or even video tutorials about the product or service you’re promoting. The key is to create content that’s useful and valuable to your audience. If you deliver high-quality content consistently, people will come back for more. This is especially important if you want to succeed as an affiliate marketer. People trust websites with a lot of content over those with little or no content. Additionally, make sure you’re engaging with your audience. Reply to comments, especially those left by new visitors to your site. Create and participate in online communities to garner support from other users.
Monetizing With Affiliate Marketing And Advertising
If you’ve got a sizable audience and you want to promote a specific product or service heavily, you’ve got plenty of options to choose from. You can create pay-per-click ads, or you can pursue banner advertising or display advertising. Simply put, pay-per-click ads are when someone clicks on an ad or a sponsored link and is taken to a different site. Banner advertising is when someone visits your website and an ad is displayed on the page. For display advertising, the ads will appear wherever your audience is most likely to see them, whether that’s in the sidebar of a blog post, at the end of an article, or even on the homepage.
These are all viable options for monetizing a WordPress website, but which one you should pursue depends on your goals and resources. If you have a bit of cash to spend, you might want to consider pursuing pay-per-click ads or banner advertising. Whichever option you choose, make sure you establish a reputable website around your chosen topic.